Saturday, March 22, 2014

Iced Green Tea (gone ahhh-mazing!!!)

I just made a fantastic brew of iced green tea and I'm feeling so accomplished! I love to make iced tea but I usually make it with black tea for that stronger flavor and caffeine kick. This time I decided to go for a lighter and more antioxidant rich green tea version. 


I'll let you in a little secret, I don't like green tea! UNLESS it's ice cold! haha! That's probably weird but my taste buds seem to have preferred temperatures for foods and drinks. Here are some examples: coffee must be piping hot and stay that hot for the 30 plus minutes it takes me to drink it ;) Food must be hot as opposed to warm, and I like water at three different temperatures: hot, room temp, and ice cold but of course not luke warm! So there you have it, just a little insight into my taste buds but back to iced tea!  

Ingredients:


4 cups (32 fl oz) of very hot water


2 green tea bags (matcha types have extra antioxidants or so I've read)


juice of 1 and a half small lemons (to taste) 


1 (1/2 ) table spoons honey (to desired sweetness or even omit if you don't want it sweetened) 


Dash of pink sea salt and a sprinkle of lemon zest


24 ice cubes


Directions:


Heat the water to very hot, I use an electric tea kettle. Pour the hot water into desired container over two tea green tea bags. Let brew for five minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in the lemon juice, honey, dash of salt, and sprinkles of lemon zest. Once everything is dissolved into the tea add the ice cubes and refrigerate for 4 hours.


* It may be ready before the four hours especially if you fill a glass with ice and then pour but that just a note for those who can get a little impatient at times like myself ;)


** if you like stronger tea flavor add more tea bags to the brew.


and here's a bonus cat pic:

 Kirby enjoying the special present we brought home for him from Pismo! An empty shopping bag!!! :P 


1 comment:

  1. I made another kind of green tea iced tea today! I used the same recipe but I added 1 cup of cranberry juice :) So tasty!

    ReplyDelete