Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Girly Stuff

Hello,

So I'm super excited about all my birthday presents! Everyone was so very generous and really blessed me! Thank you to my awesome family!!! I love you guys!  I used a few already and wanted to share some looks and crafts that have come from these thoughtful presents.


something you all should know if you don't already is: I pretty much love pink! I have a pink keyboard...and mouse...yea... and I also wore pink everyday for an entire school year because I'm silly like that. So now that that's out there, lets check out this stuff!


DIY canvas tote:


(using stencils and my new Cricut machine)



Oooo, sparkles!



here's my new bag
and my tools

I used my Cricut machine to cut out the flower and I already had bought a 'Martha Stuart Crafts' stencil pack (on clearance) and I also already had the fabric paint from a previous project. In regards to the paint: "Is that...?" you ask, "Why yes, it is sparkly neon pink fabric paint!!!"

I love the look of raw bland canvas with the bright sparkly pink designs
and I mean "whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed"
lol!

I used the flower as a sort of backward stencil. I really liked the way the canvas was soaking up the paint and the softer look it created when I used the flower in reverse.
As you can see I used the other stencils in the regular way :) 

very fun and simple craft!

Naked 3 Palette, oh mai gosh! Well it's not that new but it's new to me and I love it!


here's me being weird, taking selfies and what not...lol!


This is a beautiful set of eye shadows by Urban Decay! Lots of rosy neutrals pretty shades to play with. 

This was my first go at it, so here's what I did:

1. urban decay eye shadow primer, samples come with the naked palette three along with a nifty double ended brush! 

2. lightest shade in the pallet, called Strange, it's a creamy matte color and I put this in the inner corner and then brushed it all over the rest of my eye lid all the way up to just underneath my brow.

3. I dabbed on my Mabeline New York 24 hour color tattoo creme eye shadow color 'Inked in Pink' (got this at target, it's a soft pink with a metallic shine to it) I put on the lower portion of my eyelid. (it's a creme shadow so it helps powders stick and look really great)

4. I used a fluffy eye shadow brush to put the color 'Limit' into my crease. It's a slighly darker matte pink shadow.

5. I took a smaller detail brush to put the color 'Nooner' into the outer corner of my eye lid and blended it into my crease as well. 

*I was considering stopping there, it was a very nice soft look but of course since it's new I wanted to try some more...hehe...

6. I used my finger to add the color 'Trick' on the center of my lid. It's a rose gold color and with a lot of shimmer, I was nervous about getting glitter all over my face so that's the reason I used my finger :)

7. I tight lined with dark brown eyeliner and used my powder eyeliner by bare minerals on the top outer portion of my lash line.

8. I took my white eyeliner to tight line the bottom rim

Woah this is a lot! Sorry! 

9. I used my favorite eyeliner on the outer third of the bottom lash line . It's an Urban Decay glide on eye pencil called 'underground'. It's a shimmer-y, pink-y brown (i don't know, i just love it) 

10. And then... I put the color 'Nooner' a dark pink matte shade (the same one I used for the outer corner of my eye shadow) underneath my bottom lashes to set my eyeliner and create a soft blended look. 

11. last step, umm... last two steps: curl eyelashes and put on mascara.  

I finished the look with a soft pink lip liner and a lip gloss by bare minerals. 

Pretty, Pink, and Done! Ha!

Thanks for hanging with me and I hope you have a great day!

love, Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment