Friday, November 8, 2013

Piloxing!

Pilates and dance are the main focus of my workout routine and I aim to get at least one 25 minute or longer full steam cardio session in each week. Occasionally I get to go to a private lesson on the Pilates Reformer taught by my beautiful and extremely talented Pilates trainer. She has taught me so much about proper form which makes ALL the difference in an exercise. She recommended that I give a Piloxing class a try and today I did!!! It was a great class! 

A Piloxing class is a combination of Pilates, dance, and boxing that is cleverly put together to music and choreographed combinations. This class is packed with movement the entire time and hits up all the major muscle groups while working the core the whole way through. A good warm up...literally! I was freezing when I walked in wearing a tank, long sleeve top, and a fleece hoodie, and within 10 minutes I was looking for an opportunity to throw my hoodie off to the side :) We then worked on the upper body, arms, legs, back, abs, and we even did some balances in the mix. It really is a full body workout and it's a blast to do! My instructor did a great job at motivating the class and only a few of us were first timers so the other regulars helped to create a fun environment to dance, throw punches and work out with ;) 

So I say thumbs up for Piloxing and I look forward to the next chance I get to take a class! I hope you'll give it a go sometime too! If you like dance, Zumba, boxing, organized and structured directional classes in a group setting OR you just happen to be a gymnast-turned-dancer who also loves practicing Pilates and trying new things, like me, then you'll love it! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment