Monday, November 25, 2013

The most DELISH breakfast for fall!



Pumpkin Pie, Sweetie Pie Yogurt



This is a super yummy breakfast I've been making the past few years in the fall! When I start feeling those intense pumpkin cravings...like August, haha! nah just kiddin' October usually :) The best thing about this recipe is: it's super delicious, it's stupid easy, and it's fast! 

I'm calling it Pumpkin Pie Sweetie Pie yogurt because I had started making it mid October and my hubby cautiously watched me eat it while eating his regular yogurt or a bagel. Sometimes he doesn't like to try new stuff but I don't push. One day I offered him a bite and he said he really liked it. The next day I offered to make him some but he still said no, sad face :(  probably just didn't want yogurt but whatever... Then a few days later I offered again and He ACCEPTED!!! "Here's my chance!" I thought, and he loved it! Now he asks for it every so often and I think to my self "he's such a sweetie pie!" ;)

You will need:

yogurt of choice: I use greek gods greek yogurt the honey flavor. It's decadently thick and creamy and perfect sweetness. I use about 1 cup (I don't like getting measuring cups dirty for b-fast and if you measure it once and continue to use the same bowl you can eye it)

two to three tablespoons pumpkin puree not the pie filling but ironically there is a pie on the can...

1 tea spoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon cloves

 *for the spices add what you like! pumpkin pie spice is great because its got cinnamon cloves nutmeg and allspice all bundled up together but I love cinnamon so I add extra and same for cloves it you like extra spicy-ness add extra nutmeg whatever YOU like!

stir it all together  and top off with your favorite granola

There you have it!A delish breakfast that is festive for the season filled with pumpkin,a super healthy vegetable that contains lots of good vitamins and fiber. 

No comments:

Post a Comment